Click to enter the At Home With Joey + Rory Sweepstakes.

Proud To Be A Country Fan

Thursday, December 02, 2004

You all know my love for the music by now. It is always has and always be a deep passion inside me burning intensely bright for country music. I can tell you so many ways why that I point out daily just about when people ask why country?

Today, and in the last week or so, a reason I've always known about became personal experience. You see, I have been working with a few friends on a silent auction fund raiser for a scholarship fund that is in honor of an officer that was killed in the line of duty from my department. I sent a quick e-mail to some of the people I work with daily to bring you all country music news and information. The response I got was amazing. I can't thank enough the support of the labels of Universal-South (provided items from Joe Nichols through Paula Erickson Piblicity) and Universal Music Group (provided items from Jedd Hughes, Sugarland, Lee Ann Womack, Billy Currington, Darryl Worley, Terri Clark, and toby Keith through Stephanie Watanabe of i.e. Marketing.)

This just another way country music is special. Their dedication and support to the community is so many ways is impressive, to say the least. They don't do it for the publicty or to show off. None of the artists required anything in return or special mention of any kind. The labels, representing the artists, did from the bottom of their hearts and the way the artists of country music are brought up and live their lives.

Right now, I can't even begin to express how good it feels to be a country music fan. I am so proud of the way that they treat their communities and fans in giving back. Sure, it doesnt take much time or cost for them to sign an autograph. However, that simple gesture in providing these items will go a long way in supporting a worthy cause such as a scholarship for a high school senior or whatever the cause is.

I know the ones of you that read my writings are fans of the music and support. Well, this is one of many reasons you can feel good about being a fan of country music and be so very proud to be a country music fan.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone, We need to give kirk a big hand for his work and dedication to the best country music website out there. He works hard day and night to cover stories of country music that few of us ever here until he pulls them out. Thanks for a wonderful year and we look forward to another good year as your fans Kirk. I know he deserves this applause because I work with him and I see how dedicated he is to it. Have a very happy new year!!!!!!! Jeff...