Click to enter the At Home With Joey + Rory Sweepstakes.

"Miss America" to CMT

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Miss America :: Press Releases

Ok, you have got to be kidding me. And, yes, I even checked to see if it was a joke.

The Miss America pageant is coming to CMT.

CMT is owned by Viacom, which also owns CBS and UPN networks, all the MTV channels, VH1 channels, Nickeloden, Comedy Central, Spike TV, TV Land, BET, Showtime, and a ton of other entertainment outlets in radio, and movies through Paramount pictures.

ABC had the rights to the show, but dropped it due to low ratings. So CBS was not the choice for the show. But, why in the heck out of all the different cable outlets they own did they pick CMT. Come on.

This is exactly what happens when big business and individuals that have no respect for country music run a channel. Not that I have respected CMT for a long time in the first place. I think for the most part, they do a dis-service to the country music community and this is just one more thing that allows me to give one more reason at the problems over there.

I don't understand it nor care to. I do know one thing though. When January 2006 comes along, I will not be watching the pageant, not that I watch CMT as it is. GAC is my choice and will continue to be when I am in the mood for country music videos, which personally I don't watch that many anyway, and that's a whole other topic.

0 Comments: