Thursday, January 19, 2006
I've been looking through all the tours that have started or announced so far for the first half of the year. Boy, the fans are really getting a of treats. Are the artists finally seeing the light of what is going to bring people into the seats?
- Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, Sugarland
- Gretchen Wilson, Blaine Larsen, VanZant
- Brad Paisley, Sara Evans, Billy Currington
- Toby Keith, Joe Nichols, Scotty Emerick
- George Strait, Tracy Lawrence, Miranda Lambert
- Martina McBride doing a solo tour, performing a full 2 hours
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill to tour again
Pretty cool huh? This trend is so nice in country music. The tours have a little something for everyone. Most of the larger tours now even have 3 artists on the tour. Sure, that means a little less time for the 1st two artists, but that's fine.
I love these tours that have a lot of talent and something for everyone and grabs the most exposure to the artists as possible in the evening. Sure, they will come out for Kenny Chesney, but while there, get the chance to hear some of Dierks Bentley while they are there, that has a more traditional country sound to him. Just maybe get a fan of two hooked on real country.