Click to enter the At Home With Joey + Rory Sweepstakes.

Joey + Rory "The Life of a Song"

Saturday, October 10, 2009





Its sorta fun when an amazingly talented album gets overlooked in picking up and listening to. I've heard their single "Cheater Cheater" and really thought it was a great song and kept meaning to pickup the album. Well, a year has passed by since the release of Joey + Rory "The Life of A Song" and I am giving it a listen.

Let me put it this way... I have been missing out; big time.

I keep searching for the real deal. You know that country music tradition that is missing from today's pop country... I know the talent is out there and even some of the artists that record what is on the charts could do it as well. It is is possible to keep tradition in the music and still record music that carries a contemporary message and tone. "The Life of a Song" proves this point over and over- note by note. Don't believe me? I challenge you to listen to this album. True country music at its finest...just reading their bio's, you know they are as real as they get.

The soul-filled passion from the vocals Joe is more than enjoyable to listen to as Rory fills a perfect harmonized sound in what is a very intimate sound.

As I went through song by song, I was just still in awe of their performances. Lyrically masterful, true country instrumentation, and full of love can be heard note by note of this husband and wife duo.

The first track "Play the Song" just about sums up what I find myself ranting about pretty often, and I feel a post about it coming again pretty soon ... If you put the song on the radio and give some of the real country music a chance you just may be surprised what people truly like. I'll leave it at that for now, and just say the song itself is a perfect beginning to this album and is a great sounding tune.

"Sweet Emmylou" is about just what you think it would be.. the great Emmylou Harris. The lyrics to this song are just incredible. "Sweet Emmylou, what are we gonna do / It's only been a week or two, and he's found someone new / Looks like it's gonna be, another night of you and me
Sweet Emmylou." Enough said- just listen.

Their single "Cheater, Cheater" is yet another gem on this album... and just does prove if you play a song, people just might like it.

The "Heart of the Wood" is the most beautifully crafted songs on the album. Delivered acoustically, first you notice the vocals are just so very simple, yet, amazingly powerful.. wow, beautiful just keeps coming to mind. Its the lyrics though that makes this song quickly becoming one of my favorite songs of all time. Yes, you read that right. Its one of those songs that I want you to hear for yourself and absorb the lyrics. "Heart of the Wood" is that good.

Pick up this album... download it, or however else you can figure out how to purchase this album and enjoy. I'd love to know what you think as well, leave a comment if you wish



0 Comments: