Click to enter the At Home With Joey + Rory Sweepstakes.

George Jones: "A Collection Of My Best Recollection"

Monday, September 14, 2009

Cracker Barrel is at it again, another addition to their stellar series of exclusive CDs. This time is one of our greatest living legends... George Jones.
"A Collection Of My Best Recollection" includes twelve tracks, ten of his most greatest hits and two brand new songs. The track listing includes singles from all over George Jones' career. From his mid-90s hit "Finally Friday," and 80s hit "He Stopped Loving Her Today" that is always considered one of country music's all time greatest songs, to the 1959 hit "White Lightnin"are all included on this CD.

Now, I did mention two new songs. These are true country, well written, incredible singles. These alone are worth picking up this CD. "Really Dont Want To Know" is a classic George Jones vocal presentation with a country-to-the-bone lyrics, a song about not wanting to know about being cheating on. Don't get any better. Well, if we have a cheatin' song, guess we better include a leavin' song.. "Long Gone Daddy" is just that, and a great one. "I'm a long gone daddy.. I don't need you anyhow" or how about "I'm taking everything but my ball and chain..." I think sums it up quiet nicely. Not only is it a great song, by vocally it is a masterpiece; those Jones signature vocals just sing out low and high.

This album is a part of the continually growing exclusive Cracker Barrel collection and can be purchased at any Cracker Barrel Old Country Store or on their website that includes 2 audio clips from the album:
http://www.crackerbarrel.com/

Track Listing:
1. The Race Is On
2. The Love In Your Eyes
3. Finally Friday
4. I Don't Want to Know (previously unreleased)
5. I’m A Long Gone Daddy (previously unreleased)
6. The Window Up Above
7. I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair
8. Achin', Breakin' Heart
9. Why Baby Why
10. You're Still on My Mind
11. White Lightnin'
12. He Stopped Lovin' Her Today

0 Comments: