Saturday, October 11, 2008
Each year, the CMA Awards announce the winning broadcast winners. These winners are from country music radio. They are announced well before the actual CMA Awards... here are this year's winners. If you live in their markets, I hope you will give them or call or drop them a line congratulating them on their award. Also, be sure you are supporting their award winning services to country music....
2008 CMA Broadcast Personality of the Year Winners:
- National - Lon Helton, "CMT Country Countdown USA with Lon Helton," (Westwood One)
- Major Market - Randy Price and Dave McKay, "Randy & Dave," WQYK, Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla. (CBS Radio)
- Large Market - Gerry House, Mike Bohan, Duncan Stewart, Al Voecks, and Richard Falklen, "Gerry House & The House Foundation," WSIX, Nashville, Tenn. (Clear Channel)
- Medium Market - Andy Ritchie, Alison West and Jimmy Holt, "Andy & Alison and the Morning Crew," WIVK, Knoxville, Tenn. (Citadel)
- Small Market - Brian Gary and Todd Harding, "The Good Morning Guys," KUAD, Ft. Collins-Greeley, Colo. (Regent Broadcasting)
2008 CMA Radio Station of the Year Winners:
- Major Market - WQYK, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Large Market - WFMS, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Medium Market - WIVK, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Small Market - WGSQ, Cookeville, Tenn.